Control of Outsourced Process
To define activities to manage and control the outsourced services.
This procedure covers Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU) outsource service provider activities that could impact the environment.
- All related outsource providers shall undergo accreditation and evaluation. Applicable permits and licenses shall be submitted to the Purchasing Department;
- Agreement/contract/memorandum shall be made available for the identified outsource service provider;
- Canteen, Food Concessionaires and Food Laboratory
- Safe Food Handling Guidelines shall be made available for the canteen providers;
- Fire extinguisher shall be provided for the Food Concessionaires and Food Laboratory areas;
- LPG tanks shall be provided with harness. Empty tanks and full tanks shall be separated and labeled;
- Grease trap shall be installed in the washing areas. Cleaning and maintenance shall be conducted as necessary;
- Segregation of waste shall be observed.
- Garbage Hauler for Hazardous Waste
- Hauler shall through an accredited Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) collection company;
- Submission of government reports related to disposal must be submitted.
- Pest Control Provider
- Chemicals used for pesticide programs shall be in accordance with Food and Drugs Administration (FDA);
- Chemicals shall be used in accordance with the manufacturer instructions;
- Only qualified technician shall conduct pest control activities;
- Empty containers of the pesticide and captured pests shall be brought outside by the service providers.
- Sewage Treatment Facility –Cavite Campus
- Sewage Treatment Operators shall be required to submit a daily report to the Building and Grounds;
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) shall be used in operating the Sewage Treatment Plan.
- Janitorial Services
- Utility personnel shall be responsible in collecting and segregating the waste generated by the University;
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) shall be available for those chemicals used for cleaning;
- Empty bottles of used cleaning materials shall be disposed.