Policy on Non-Discrimination Against Women
Lyceum of the Philippines University is committed to creating a learning and working environment that promotes equality, respect, and non-discrimination. We firmly uphold the principles of gender equality and are dedicated to eliminating all forms of discrimination, including gender-based discrimination, against women in all aspects of university life.
This policy applies to all members of the Lyceum community, including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and visitors, regardless of their gender identity or expression.
- Prevention of Discrimination: The university shall not tolerate any form of discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment of women, and will take proactive measures to prevent such behaviors within the university community.
- Equal Opportunities: The university is committed to providing equal opportunities for women in all academic, administrative, and extracurricular activities, ensuring their full and meaningful participation.
- Education and Awareness: The university shall engage in educational programs and awareness campaigns to promote a deeper understanding of gender equality, gender roles, and the harmful effects of discrimination. These programs aim to foster a respectful and inclusive environment for everyone.
- Reporting and Redress: The university will establish clear mechanisms for reporting incidents of discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment. Complaints will be thoroughly investigated, and appropriate disciplinary actions will be taken against perpetrators.
- Support Services: The university will provide support services, counseling, and resources to individuals who have experienced discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment. These services aim to empower women and ensure their well-being.
- Training and Sensitization: The university will provide regular training to faculty, staff, and students on issues related to gender equality, non-discrimination, and sensitivity towards women’s rights.
- Inclusive Curriculum: The university will strive to integrate gender perspectives into its curriculum, research, and teaching materials, fostering an environment that challenges gender stereotypes and biases.
- Reporting Mechanisms: The university will establish clear and accessible channels for reporting incidents of discrimination or harassment, ensuring the confidentiality and protection of individuals who come forward.
- Investigation and Accountability: All reported incidents will be promptly and thoroughly investigated. Appropriate disciplinary actions will be taken against individuals found guilty of discrimination or harassment.
- Supportive Services: The university will offer counseling, support, and resources to individuals who have experienced discrimination, harassment, or unequal treatment, aiming to provide a safe space for recovery and empowerment.
- Collaboration: The university will collaborate with women’s organizations, gender equality advocates, and relevant stakeholders to continuously improve its policies, programs, and practices.
Review and Evaluation:
This policy will be periodically reviewed to ensure its effectiveness and relevance. Feedback from stakeholders will be considered in updating the policy and related procedures.
By upholding this policy, Lyceum of the Philippines University affirms its commitment to fostering a culture of equality, respect, and non-discrimination, and to empowering women in all aspects of university life.
Initially Approved Effective: February 3, 2021
Rev. 1 Reviewed, Amended, Approved, and Effective: July 28, 2023