Policy and Guidelines on Accessible Childcare Facilities
Lyceum of the Philippines University (LPU) is committed to providing an inclusive and supportive environment for its students, faculty, and non-teaching personnel who are parents or guardians. As part of this commitment, LPU recognizes the importance of accessible childcare facilities that facilitate the participation and engagement of parents and guardians in their academic and professional pursuits while ensuring the well-being and development of their children. This policy aims to establish guidelines for the provision and maintenance of accessible childcare facilities on campus.
- Childcare Facility Provision:
- LPU shall establish accessible and well-equipped childcare facilities on campus to accommodate the needs of students, faculty, and non-teaching personnel who require childcare services.
- The childcare facilities shall be designed to ensure safety, security, and comfort for both children and caregivers, adhering to relevant building codes and regulations.
- Location and Accessibility:
- Childcare facilities shall be strategically located within the campus to provide convenient access for parents and guardians.
- Facilities shall be designed with accessible entrances, ramps, and elevators, ensuring compliance with accessibility standards to accommodate individuals with mobility challenges.
- Facility Amenities and Features:
- Childcare facilities shall be equipped with age-appropriate furniture, educational materials, toys, and recreational items that promote children’s learning and development.
- Adequate spaces for napping, feeding, and play shall be included in the design of the facility.
- Restrooms and diaper-changing stations shall be designed with accessibility in mind, allowing parents and guardians to comfortably care for their children.
- Trained Caregivers:
- LPU shall employ trained and qualified caregivers who possess the skills necessary to provide appropriate care and guidance to children of various age groups.
- Caregivers shall have a background in early childhood education or relevant fields and shall undergo periodic training to stay updated on best practices in childcare.
- Safety and Security:
- Childcare facilities shall adhere to strict safety standards, including childproofing measures, fire safety protocols, and emergency evacuation plans.
- Access to childcare facilities shall be restricted to authorized personnel, ensuring the safety and security of both children and caregivers.
- Operating Hours:
- Childcare facilities shall operate during convenient hours that align with class and work schedules to accommodate the needs of parents and guardians.
- The operating hours shall be clearly communicated to all members of the LPU community.
- Communication and Feedback:
- LPU shall establish a communication channel for parents and guardians to provide feedback, suggestions, and concerns regarding the childcare facilities and services.
- Regular surveys and feedback mechanisms shall be implemented to assess the quality and effectiveness of the childcare facilities.
- Financial Accessibility:
- LPU shall strive to make childcare services financially accessible by offering affordable options and potential subsidies for parents and guardians who require such services.
- Promotion and Awareness
- LPU shall actively promote the availability of childcare facilities through various communication channels, ensuring that all eligible members of the community are aware of the resources and services available to them.
- Review and Improvement:
- LPU shall regularly review the effectiveness of the childcare facilities and services and make necessary improvements based on feedback, changing needs, and evolving best practices.
By implementing these policy and guidelines, Lyceum of the Philippines University aims to foster a supportive and inclusive environment that empowers parents and guardians to pursue their educational and professional goals while ensuring the well-being and development of their children.
Initially Approved Effective: February 1, 2023
Rev. 1 Reviewed, Amended, Approved, and Effective: July 28, 2023