The aim is to help the student with learning disability to overcome challenges and develop confidence while in the university by providing a meaningful student experience without prejudice.
LPU in support of student with disability adopts the following strategies:
- Create a physically accessible environment that is not mobility-limited.
- Provide a flexible class schedule. Students may arrive late or have to leave before the class is over due to adapted transportation services.
- Extra time for tests/exams and some components of coursework.
- Provide digital copies of textbooks and manual as early as possible or prior to the start of the semester.
- Ensure that the student is always included with others when forming groups.
- Conduct disability awareness orientation among other students in the university.